Wednesday, April 30, 2014

McLean 2nd ward

  
 About 3 months ago I wrote a blog post about my wonderful Companion Sister Richards, she was such a tender mercy to me and was leaving the McLean 2nd ward where we served together. Now it is my turn to go.

I have LOVED being in this incredible ward and meeting so many new and wonderful people. I have learned and grown so much in the past 6 months. The true Christian love that I have seen exhibited through all the love and care has made me realize more than I ever have before how much of a tender mercy the community we have in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints really is.

As my companions and I have visited different members homes we have heard of countless examples of how other members have ministered to them. A while ago there was a blog post done by Robyn. A neighbor had left a note on her car that was just what she needed at the time. This is just one example among many. Countless meals have been given, testimonies have been shared, and spirits lifted and strengthened. Visiting Teachers and Home teachers have been there to serve those they visit. This congregation is truly what we call a 'ward family'.

In 3 Nephi 18 The Savior, in his visit to the Americas, teaches about the importance of church -- namely taking the sacrament-- but he also speaks of something else, how we need to pray for each other and help each other build our lives on his Rock, the rock of our redemption. That is really what church and the church community is all about, helping each other to build on the Rock of Christ so that we may all withstand Satan and his deceptions.

I am so grateful for the wonderful example I have seen in this ward of doing just this, of Building, nurturing, and strengthening each other. Sometimes it has been hard to be serving a mission in this ward, not because the missionary work itself is hard, but because I just wanted to be a normal member of the ward. I have loved teaching, and especially learning from each person I have met here!


THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment