Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Baptism

 
"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. "
 
 
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

 
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

 
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again."
--Nita Dale Milner
 
"When I Am Baptized" is one of my favorite children's songs. I have always loved the reminder it gives me whenever it rains to remember my baptismal covenants.
 
God is our father and he loves each one of us. He sent us to this earth so that we could learn and grow, but he knew that we wouldn't make it through life without making a few mistakes. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" So he provided a way for us to be clean. He sent his son Jesus Christ to show, and make possible, the way.
 
Jesus went to John the Baptist and was baptized to "fulfill all righteousness" and set the example for us. He invites all of us to follow him and to do as he did. He suffered for all of our sins to make this possible. I love that my purpose as a missionary is to help others to follow the example of Jesus Christ and to access the fullness of the atonement. I am so grateful that I can help others to feel the same cleansing power that I have felt in my life. I know that because of Jesus Christ, his example and his atonement, I can be clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment