Thursday, February 27, 2014

Commandments



Let Me guess what you are thinking right now . . .
 
"Commandments  are a tender mercy? Are you sure?"
 
Yes! I am! I love the commandments. What are they but the perfect advice given to each of us from our Perfect Father in Heaven! When you think about the commandments in a Parent/child relationship, the commandments make a lot of sense. 
 
When I was little, I was given 'commandments' from my Mom that would keep me safe, for example, don't play with knives. When I followed this advice, I was safe. When I didn't follow I, well, the cousin I gave the knife to, learned that even a butter knife can cut you.  God loves us and he doesn't want us to cut ourselves on the proverbial knife. That is why he has laid out different commandments to protect and bless us. He has given them to all and when we obey, we receive his promised blessings.
 
What blessings have you seen from following the commandments?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment