Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Why am I doing this?

If you asked most anybody I knew before my mission, they could tell you just how excited I was to serve. I knew that it was what God wanted me to do, but I didn't want to do it! I didn't understand the concept of Consecration, which is why I was probably assigned to speak about it for my farewell talk. Even trying to give a talk on it I didn't realize the difference between consecration and sacrifice. To sacrifice is to give up, to consecrate is to give to.

Even though I was not the most excited person to go on a mission, I am so grateful now for following the promptings I had to serve. I love it out here! I love meeting people and talking to them, learning about their lives. The best part is watching them come closer to Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to give this time and energy TO Him. I love teaching people about how they can have peace in this life, and eternal life in the one to come! This video communicates a few of my feelings on why I am serving.

 
 
I know that I am doing what God wants me to be doing, and I couldn't be happier doing it!
 
 
 
. . . Of course, following God's plan for us will always make us the happiest. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment