Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mom's Tender Mercy


 
My mom and I as I left for my Mission
 
A couple of weeks ago I was writing my Mom and I decided to ask her to share a Tender Mercy with me that I could share on my Blog. She shared an experience with me that she had while I was still at school. It happened about the time that my Grandma Call passed away, this is her experience.
 
I was running way behind getting out of Julie's (my sister) the morning of my flight. I really wanted to get that last section of baseboard painted after having finished laying the floor late the night before. I took the subway and airtrain to JFK and it seemed like it took forever and I was getting nervous about cutting it too close. Besides I was flying Delta where the terminal and security are a nightmare. They were doing construction on the terminal as well and I had to go through a completely different entrance. I already had my speech prepared to beg to let me butt in line so I could make the flight. I had resigned myself to having maybe missed the flight and rescheduling and missing out on saying goodbye to Grandma. I had already said goodbye really when I left go to Julies actually thinking I would have to cut it short to come home for the funeral. When I finally found where I was supposed to go for the security line, I was astounded to find I was the only one there. I was so flustered, I forgot to take out my cell phone from my pocket and was just waiting for the machine to beep, which it didn't! I made the flight by the skin of my teeth and prayed the whole way home I would be able to see grandma one last time. Karen (another sister) picked me up from the airport and took me right to the care center. I was able to talk to Grandma and I know she knew I was there. She died shortly after that. It was a wonderful tender mercy extended to me by the Lord.
 
I am so grateful for my wonderful Mom who helped to teach me not only to serve those around me like she does, but to search for the tender mercies in my life. She is always so in tune to when she receives blessings from God. Some of these things might have been labeled as coincidence, but she recognized where it all came from. A loving Heavenly Father who always answers prayers. I invite you to be more aware of how merciful God has been in your life. What tender mercies have you seen in your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment