Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Slurpee

 
 
   Look at my beautiful companion and I with our Slurpees? Don't we look so happy? Of course we do, the question is why do we look so happy? It could be do to the delicious cold and sugary slush, or it could be because of the kindness of a random stranger.
 
   Yesterday Sister Christensen and I had spent a long time outside and needed something to cool us off, so on our way home we stopped at 7-eleven for a quick slurpee run. As we were staring at the spinning machines deciding what flavors we wanted, the cashier started talking to us until another customer came up to pay. As she was ringing the other customer up, I decided on a flavor and quickly filled up my cup and went over to pay. As I walked up and was pulling my wallet out the cashier said,
 
"That man just paid for both of your slurpees!"
 
and pointed to a man who was getting ready to pull out of the parking lot. I hurried to the window to wave a thank you and watched him drive away.
 
    I don't think a slurpee has ever tasted so good to me, not because I chose a superior flavor but because of the kindness of a random person who became an instrument in God's hand to deliver a tender mercy to two hot and tired sister missionaries.
 
    I am so grateful for the Christ-like acts of those around me, both those I know and those I don't. One of the things that I have learned and am still learning about on my mission is the potential for good each one of us has. Things like this make me have a greater desire to be a blessing to others!
 
 
Who can you be a blessing to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment