Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Note for Robyn

Today's blog post is brought to you by a good friend, Robyn. She was baptized in November and is one of the kindest people I know. She graciously humored me when I asked her to share one of the tender mercies she had experienced.

 
What is a tender mercy? A Tender Mercy is an act of kindness to lift the spirits of another, whether done intentionally or otherwise. I experienced a tender mercy and didn't even realize it until several days later. I discovered a note hidden under my windshield wiper on my car. It's my back up car so I didn't see it until four days later. The note was a note from a friend who had taken her young son to our condo complexes' playground. She saw my car there and did it on a whim. I had been going through a hard time and this person knew it. Immediately I felt at peace and tears welled up. I know that tender mercies exist-- from personal experience.

--Robyn Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment