Thursday, March 13, 2014

Prayer

   Once upon a time, when I was younger than I am now...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was coming to the theaters and not only that, my Dad's company was having a party where we got to see it the night before it came out!!  Now, just to give a little background, my family takes Harry Potter very seriously. It is one thing that ALL of us really like, so, as you can imagine, this very exciting! 
   We all piled into the car and started the journey to the Movie theater, everything was going smoothly until...you guessed it...TRAFFIC! What was a van full of happy, excited people turned into a van full of highly stressed out slightly contentious people.
   I was VERY worried that we would miss this movie and I was also worried that not all of us would make it to the theater alive, so I said a prayer and asked for a way to keep my family calm and that everything would work out. A few minutes later we heard on the radio that a lane somewhere was cleared and traffic was moving again. Our Harry Potter movie was no longer in jeopardy, and most importantly, I gained a testimony of prayer.
 
   Prayer is such a precious gift! It is the cell phone that our loving Father gave to each of us when we came to this earth. A Tender Mercy that happened yesterday confirmed my testimony yet again that God does listen to our prayers.
 
  Yesterday we got a call from one of the people we visit with. She was very upset because her cat, Woody, was missing. This is her favorite cat and she was really worried about him because he didn't come home to eat. We decided to go over and offer to look for him. We looked for him, but couldn't find him before we had to leave. We left, but then felt like we needed to go back and pray with her...so we did and made her promise to let us know when he did come home. A couple hours later we got a call from her saying that he had! Woody was home, safe and sound!
 
  I KNOW that God answers prayers. He cares about the little things that don't seem very important like watching a Harry Potter movie, He cares about our beloved pets, and all the little things that we love. Thinking about that, how much he truly does care about the little things, think just how much he cares about the BIG things in life.
 
 
I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment