Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BEAR Testimony



A little while ago I had a prompting to study the word 'bear'. Not in the "Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my!" type of way, but in the "I want to BEAR my testimony" type of way.



I decided to go with a simple definition search first.  In my I-pad's dictionary there are many definitions of the word bear.  For example...
  • carry (of a person)
    • convey (of a vehicle)
    • have or display as a visible mark or feature
    • be called by
    • carry or conduct oneself in a particular manner
  • support
    • take responsibility for
    • be able to accept or stand up to
  • endure
  • give birth to
    • produce
      • bear fruit
  • turn and proceed in a specified direction

So as I was thinking about how these different definitions relate to testimony, I really came to realize that bearing testimony is something that is more than just getting up on Sunday and sharing what you know to be true. It is living according to your beliefs.

Living in a way that your testimony is a visible mark or feature that will convey or carry the spirit unto the hearts of others. 2 Nephi 33:1 "...the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."

You will take resonpsiblity and stand up for the things that you know are right. It is to endure in the specified direction that you have come to know is the right path.  Luke 9:24 "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

As you truly bear your testimony it is something that will produce a greater testimony and greater faith not only in yourself but it will produce the desire in others to have the same light that you do. When you bear your testimony of Christ you are called by Christ's name. Mosiah 26:18 "Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to BEAR my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine."

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He loves each one of us. I invite all who read this to live according to their testimony of Jesus Christ. Live in a way that you are truly bearing your testimony at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment