Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Personal Confirmation

    So sometimes we get surprised in life...things don't go quite as we expected them. This is especially true of Missionary life. Every 6 weeks or so we have a transfer where we can be moved around. Our mission president prays over each of us and where we need to go and who we need to be with. He recieves revelation as to where God would have us go. We then get 'transfer calls' that tell us whether or not we will be staying in our area or leaving. Usually it is really hard because you really come to LOVE the area where you are serving and the people you serve with.

We had one of those this week. I was told that I would be leaving the Great Falls ward, a place that I truly had come to LOVE and I am so sad that I had to leave it, but unlike my other transfers, this one was different. After President Eyring's talk Continuing Revelation where he talked about the importance of Confirming Revelation I really tried to seek my own confirming revelation about what President Riggs felt should happen. It was amazing as I applied this principle in my life to truly feel the peace that came into my heart. I told my old companion a couple of times "This just feels right"

The best thing I learned from this experience is that what I am constently telling people to do, to pray and recieve their own revelation about the truths that my companions and I teach, really does work. You really can pray to recieve your own personal and confirming revelation. I know that I am supposed to be where I am now and I am supposed to be with who I am with.

My invitation to all is to remember that God wants to talk to you and to give you the revelation and confirmation you need to continue becoming the best disciple of Christ that you can be!



*Side note* I am now companions with Sister Adair who is one of the AWESOME people that I served with in the MTC. We are serving in the Ft. Belvoir Ward and I am so excited to work wtih all of the lovely Members Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment