Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Exchanges

  One of my absolute FAVORITE things that we do on missions is go on exchanges! Exchanges are when we trade our assigned companion for 24 hours with a missionary leader so we can learn and grow from someone else. They are great for  Yesterday I got to go with Sister Akin, one of the kindest missionaries I know. She came out to the mission field with me and I have known her for a long time and we always wanted to be companions.


  That hasn't happened yet, but it was such a tender mercy to get to be with her for a day. The whole day felt like the theme was Tender Mercies. Everybody we talked to shared some sort of tender mercy, from getting a job to getting a visa. Things were accomplished easily that would usually have been a long and lengthy process or even impossible. Each person recognized that it was God watching out for them. One of the best things about being a missionary is having the opportunity to hear so many different ways that God is working in others lives. It truly strengthens my faith with each story I hear. I hope that as you go forward this week, you will see the tender mercies around you! I know they are there!



No comments:

Post a Comment