Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Book of Mormon...a Tender Mercy

Earlier this week I was reading one of my favorite talks, "The Power of Deliverance" by Elder L Tom Perry. I love the story he shares about his friend Scott on his first airplane ride alone, but what caught my attention this time was a paragraph a little later that says,

      "I wish to speak about how the Book of Mormon, which is a tender mercy of the Lord preserved for these latter days, delivers us by teaching us in a pure and “most correct” way the doctrine of Christ."

I LOVE the Book of Mormon! I love the stories and the doctrine it teaches, but most of all I love how relevant it is to each of us. This book was written for us right now and can help each of us in our daily challenges. It answers questions that we all have at some point or another, whether they are voiced or not. Questions like Why should I believe in Jesus Christ are beautifully answered.

Most of all, I love this book because of the testimony it has helped me gain of my Savior, Jesus Christ. In the introduction it says that coming to know that the Book of Mormon is true WILL help us know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. When I read passages like Alma 7:10-13, I truly feel that Jesus Christ is there, that He loves us, that He lives. I read of his visit to the Americas and see that he loves all of us, I read about having faith in Him and I want to act on that faith.

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. Please, if you haven't studied it, start now. I promise that it will change your life.

"There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path."  --Ezra Taft Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment